Sale Price: $169.98
What Style of Outdoor Glider Suits You Best?
Outdoor Glider Comfort and Care
Adding a little extra comfort
Cushions provide the quickest, easiest way to make any seat or swing even more comfortable. Maybe you want to replace the cushions you already have or maybe you think your new outdoor glider could use some extra softness. Whatever the case, you've got to measure carefully.
Grab your measuring tape, and let's get started. To measure an existing cushion, you'll want to capture the width (arm to arm), and the depth (seat front to seat back). If it's an all-in-one seat and back cushion, you'll want to measure the seat and back separately. Measure the seat depth from the cushion front to the cushion fold, and the back from the fold to top of the cushion. It's also a good idea to measure the thickness of your existing cushion. If you don't already have a cushion, simply measure the frame itself. Again, go from arm to arm for the width and seat front to seat back for the depth.
Keeping your outdoor glider moving smoothly
A little water and some mild soap will go a long way in cleaning. Most metal models have a rust-resistant coating so soapy water won't damage the finish. You can also add a little paste wax to keep it rust-free. Many wooden styles have an outdoor varnish, making soap and water perfectly safe. You may choose an oil-based soap specifically made for wood. We always recommend that you cover your wooden glider in the off-season to keep it looking new. Recycled plastic designs require the least maintenance of all. You can spray them down with your garden hose. Use soap and water if needed, and apply a solvent for any hard water stains. Be sure to read directions for any soaps and solvents carefully before applying it to your furniture.
Ten Ways to Enjoy Outdoor Gliders
1. Outdoor gliders are the answer when you want a gentle swing without drilling holes in your ceiling. Perfect for any outdoor area, a porch, patio, this design frees you from hanging chains.
2. When room is tight, think gliders. They help protect your surroundings by limiting the range of motion. When put on a porch, they're brilliant at keeping rambunctious kids in check while preserving the fun and relaxation of swinging.
3. Choose a classic Mission style or anything from contemporary to retro. One of these outdoor icons will make your yard or deck more inviting.
4. Fabric constructions are favored in hot climates. Airy, breezy materials save the day, and modern, all-weather fabrics aren't clammy like yesterday's plastics. You can even wash many materials with a garden hose.
5. Swinging seats look like heaven, but wait until you see our selection of cushions and pillows. Choose bright solid colors or intricate patterns, all in fade-resistant modern fabrics. Outdoor living just got better.
6. Nothing beckons you to relax like a genuine Adirondack in classic white. This style comes in lots of other garden-friendly colors too. If you'd rather nap than paint, go for our all-weather, maintenance-free recycled models that look like wood but don't chip, fade or rot.
7. Outdoor gliding chair, party of one! Sometimes you want a peaceful spot to yourself. Maybe you just don't have room for a standard size. Individual outdoor glider chairs have half the width but are twice as cozy. Add a matching ottoman that glides in tandem!
8. Nothing offers soothing, controlled motion like a glider swing. But you're still moving, so an outdoor side table helps prevent spills. Put one on each side or your seat for drinks and books, leaving more room just for you.
9. Metal constructions offer creative design options and are lightweight and durable. Most are wrapped in soft outdoor fabric for extra comfort. Wooden models will always be the champs of old-world-charm.
10. Wicker creates an irresistible contour that's simply ahhhh-some. Plus, there's that satisfying squeak when you sit. The latest resin wicker styles are as soothing as cane wicker, but the resin is lighter, stronger, and perfectly happy being outdoors. With a colorful swing cushion and a few pillows, you may never get up.
Find more information in our Helpful Information section!
"I just want to thank you and your team for your services. I ordered a porch swing for my parents for Christmas on 12/18. I was told that it would probably not arrive until 12/29. To my surprise and theirs, it arrived on 12/23. They were pleased and it was one less worry for me during the Holidays."
-Patti, Sturgis, SD